Giddings & Lewis V Series
Giddings & Lewis V Series vertical turning centers
Giddings & Lewis V Series vertical lathes, with tables from 800 to 2500 mm, are a productive addition to any shop floor. Carrying the Giddings & Lewis tradition of robust construction and precision, the V Series is designed with industry-leading functionality and reliability at an affordable price. No other vertical turning center includes an infinitely-adjustable cross rail and hydrostatic ram as standard or offers a more cost-effective tooling system.
V Series advantages
- Hydrostatic ram adds rigidity for heavy or extended ram machining, better surface finishes and greater accuracy
- Precision dual-scale, infinitely-adjustable cross rail handles a wide range of parts
- Giddings & Lewis VLock, a stiff tooling interface, uses standard modular tools reducing tooling costs and optimizing cutting
- Rigid, cast-iron base construction supports heavy loads and high cutting forces
- Floor-level installation eliminates need for special foundations
- Compact footprint minimizes valuable production space
V 800 - V 2500
Table size (mm)
800 - 2500
Maximum swing (mm)
1050 - 2900
Table speed (rpm)
600 to 200
Ram size (mm)
250 x 250
Z-axis vertical travel (mm)
900 - 1400
Rapid traverse X/Z (m/min)
AC drive motor (kW)
37 - 75
12 - 18 positions
Applications and operations
Our application experts have years of application expertise across many industries. Let them help you determine the processes that will optimize your part production.
- Add machining-center capabilities and machine in one setup with live spindles.
- Drill, mill and tap the sides of a part with a right angle head live spindle.
Additional options include:
- Live spindle
- Right angle live spindle
- Tool and part probes
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here