HMC with Integrated Contouring Head
Horizontal machining centers with integrated contouring head
Fives’ dual-head design offered on Cincinnati Mega and Giddings & Lewis HMC series machining centers features both a live spindle with added Z/W-axis reach and an integrated contouring head with U-axis turning capabilities. Automatic changeover from the live spindle to the integrated contouring head optimizes spindle utilization, improves part accuracy and reduces cycle time.
Advantages of HMC with integrated contouring head
- Integrated contouring head reduces tooling needs by cutting part features of varying sizes and providing turning operations such as grooving, threading, contouring, facing, backfacing and more
- Standard KM or Capto tooling is interchangeable into both heads; live spindle in the Giddings & Lewis HMC also accepts CAT 50 tools
- Reduced cycle times with automated change between live spindle and contouring head
- Ability to probe contouring head features using a probe in the live spindle or auxiliary probe increases part accuracy and throughput
- Absolute positioning slide handles diameters from 50 to 540 mm
- Contouring head has substantial tool length (600 mm) and weight capacity (18 kg)
- Auto-coupler allows use of programmable boring bars up to 50 kg (110 lb) and 750 mm (29.5 in) in the live spindle for added machining reach and versatility
Applications and operations
Valves, fracking blocks, blowout preventers and pumps are just a few of the parts that benefit from the multi-functional capabilities of the Cincinnati Mega and Giddings & Lewis machining centers and boring mills with integrated contouring heads. Machine features such as tapered bores, grooves, threads, chamfers and phonographic finishes with the dual-head design. Click on the link to see a video of the machine in operation.
- Large capacity tool magazines
- Tool and part probes
- Controls – Siemens or Fanuc
- Coolant systems
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here