Cincinnati VIPER™ Fiber Placement Systems
When dexterity, accuracy and speed are the priorities - the VIPER™!
The Cincinnati VIPER™ platform of machines combine the advantages of tape laying and filament winding with advanced computer control and software to achieve unmatched production capabilities for a wide variety of complex composites parts.
Fiber placement systems are designed for dexterity and flexibility for production of wrinkle-free lay-up of convex and concave parts. The Cincinnati VIPER™ machines are highly productive and equipped with patented features to produce superior quality while dramatically reducing scrap. With 7 axes of motion, the VIPER™ platform is particularly suited to flat and highly contoured structures such as cowls, ducts, fuselage panels and barrels, bulkheads, wings, payload adaptors, fan blades, spars, frames and stringers.
Offered in a variety of sizes and configurations - VIPER™ 1200, 4000, 6000.
With the largest installed base of fiber placement systems in the world, and the most certified flying composite parts in the industry, the VIPER™ Fiber Placement Systems platform has unmatched production capabilities for a large variety of complex parts.
The Cincinnati VIPER™ automatically and independently control up to 32 individual tows or slit tape producing a variable bandwidth “on-the-fly”. Each tow can be independently dispensed, clamped, cut and restarted during fiber placement. Gaps and overlaps are minimized as the machine precisely lays interior or exterior contoured boundaries.
- Segmented Compaction Roller offers superior compaction on core and tight radii contour surface features
- Bi-directional Tensioners located in the creel enclosure maintain precise tension control of each tow as well as monitor the individual pay-out of each
- Re-direct Roller Systems reduces the likelihood of twisted tows by maintaining a flat fiber band
- Individual Tow Cut-Clamp-Restart adds versatility by adjusting the width of the fiber band by adding or cutting individual tows on-the-fly
Nearly 30 years of fiber placement experience, with the highest productivity, highest accuracy, and lowest scrap rate in the industry, the Cincinnati VIPER™ is the product-of-choice to the aerospace industry.
- Carbon and Glass Fibers
- Thermoset Epoxies (Autoclave & Out of Autoclave)
- Dry Fiber
- Part diameters up to 2 m (80 in)
- 12 or 16 tows: 3.2, 4.0, 6.4 mm (0.125, 0.157, 0.25 in)
- Part diameters up to 6 m (236 in)
- 24 or 32 tows; 3.2 or 6.4 mm (0.125 or 0.25 in)
- Part diameters up to 8 m (315 in)
- 32 tows; 3.2, 6.4 or 12.7 mm (0.125, 0.25 or 0.5 in)
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here