Relying on over 30 years of experience, Fives is a global player in the design and manufacturing of systems using high power laser (≥ 1 kW) for the welding of mechanical parts. This expertise has been extended to other laser-based applications such as 3-D cutting, wire stripping, hardening, drilling, cladding and additive manufacturing.
Depending on the application, Fives implements all types of high power laser sources: CO2 Lasers, Solid-state Lasers (YAG, fiber and diode Laser).
Fives proposes both standalone machines and multifeatured laser-based assembly lines, including washing machines, pressing modules, preheating stations and in-process & final control, as well as the related automation systems.
Combining the expertise in laser applications with an extensive know how in automation, Fives offers high-production systems.
- Energy imparted to the workpiece is minimized (minimal heat affected zone)
- High processing speed
- The beam can be guided into hard-to-reach areas
- Operations are performed under normal atmospheric pressure
- Unrivaled repeatability
- Excellent quality finish
- Automation for High-volume production
- Industrial mastery of laser process quality
- Highly reliable systems with low maintenance cost
- Range of laser power: 1 to 10 kW
- Steels & Non-ferrous metals
- Welding with or without filling metal
- Typical welding depth: up to 10 mm ( for steel)
- Typical cutting thickness: up to 15 mm (for steel)
- Automotive: Gearbox & Transmission components, Drive shafts, Engine parts, Axle components, Seating, Tubular chassis components
- Aerospace: Laser cutting/ welding of aluminium alloys parts, drilling of engine parts, laser surfacing of used parts (eg repair of turbine blades), laser cladding