Cincinnati CHARGER Tape Layers
The Cincinnati CHARGER Series includes both contour and flat tape layers available in high rail, low rail and bed type configurations to meet every production and facility requirements.
CHARGER Tape Layers achieve high-speed, precision lay-up that helps accelerate work flow to shorten build schedules and reduce work-in-process costs. With more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing automated tape laying equipment, the Cincinnati CHARGER Tape Layers utilize proven machine components combined with patented features designed specifically to improve overall performance while maintaining superior reliability.
CHARGER Tape Layers achieve up to 25 degree contours and up to 60 m/min (2,362 ipm) lay-up rate. The machine features Fives newest generation tape head which is the market’s most productive and accurate at compacting layers of carbon/epoxy tape.
- Choice of vertical travel
- X-axis rails in incremental sections for flexibility in part length
- Nine and ten axis machine
- Machine height configured for specific applications
- High speed axis motion for high productivity
- Choice of crossrail width
- Carbon and Glass Fibers
- Thermoset Epoxies (Autoclave & Out of Autoclave)
- Dry Fiber
Material Specifications - 650 mm diameter tape material
Standard - 300 mm (12 in)
Standard - 150 mm (6 in)
Optional - 75 mm (3 in)